What I Wore: Ibiza Wedding
When invited to attend a joyous celebration in a paradise location a girl has to take the opportunity to wear something colourful, festive and fantastic! Emilia Wickstead is my go-to designer due to her perfect balance of classic elegance with a twist. This bright orange top and skirt look is the perfect option for a destination wedding for the following reasons:
1. The silk fabric with a crinkled texture means that you don't need to worry about the hotel having a steamer available (sometimes a BIG issue in continental Europe). The fabric is super light-weight as well, so just roll in a ball and put in your bag as the last piece adding little to no weight to you carry-on.
2. The classic shape is appropriate for a wedding but the colour is perfect for a location like Ibiza. I found this beautifully landscaped corner at the ceremony that is perfectly coordinated and thought yes, I nailed this!
3. Mix colours that are tonally close to each other for an unexpected twist. I ordered these incredible Aquazurra red stilettos in the Moda Operandi sale pre-empting this look. A girl has got to save a few bucks anywhere she can and a pair of red shoes is one of my fashion essentials!
4. I LOVE separates for holidays. You need to completely maximize your wardrobe and suitcase space so having a top that can be worn multiple ways is a great idea. This top is fantastic with white jeans and flat sandals for a super chic daytime look. Think Jackie O and add in some oversized shades.
5. I kept the look a little more casual with my natural curls down and subtle makeup. You could also pull your hair back and add a red lip for a more polished look. If you want to elevate the look, you can add a single flower to your hair and make this look more black tie. I love versatility and here the options are ample.